Monday, November 2, 2009

Out of the Mouths...

Today when I was putting Gus down for his nap he kept saying, "Go away." He'd look up at me, smile and say, "Go away." He said it over and over and over until I shut the door. Funny boy. Usually he just says, "Night, night." I'm just thankful he's taking a nap at all. Last week he was threatening to give it up all together and I'm just not ready for that.
Not to be outdone in the cuteness category by his little brother, Sam, at bedtime had a few clever things to say too. We read, Are You My Mother by P.D. Eastman and when we finished I asked him if a snort was his mother. He said, "No, you are. Snorts are just good for putting things back where they belong." Then as we were discussing his likes and dislikes for a school project, he said he disliked, Cheez-Its. Really? He couldn't think of anything else he disliked.

Sadly I can't finish this post with Halloween pictures as I forgot the camera. I know. Anyway, after saying they were going to be trains for weeks, five minutes before we left the house, Sam decided to be the pumpkin he was last year and Gus followed suit. So, another Halloween goes on the books, but just not on the record. And so it goes...

No comments: