Saturday, December 12, 2009

Sundown Last Night and Sun Up this Morning

So, Happy Hanukkah! We celebrated last night by lighting the candles. Of course, Sam was so sure they were going to set off the smoke detectors that he spent most of the lit-candle-time on the front porch eating popcorn. Periodically, he'd stick his head in and say, "Are they out yet?" Finally, we convinced him to come in and watch the pretty candles. And, the smoke detectors stayed silent! So, tonight we lit the candles again and he was much more participatory and really enjoyed watching the candles burn.
Gus is pretty much oblivious to the candles, but I'm okay with that. An almost-2-year-old and an open flame are not my idea of a good combination. Here he is running AWAY from me trying to take his picture with the candles and yes, those are Sam's feet running away too.
No presents yet, saving those for when Grandma Carol arrives Wednesday. Don't tell, but the boys are getting a train menorah! It's so cute! They'll get some chocolate too. I mean, really. What's Hanukkah without a little chocolate? Gus has already started on the chocolate! He's got a mild brownie addiction that I'm pretty sure he gets from both sides of the family. Here he is with his brownie pack that he demanded by saying, "More, more brown, brown."
This morning we ran another 5K race. The Reindeer Run!
Ozzie had a great time of 30:13. I was a little slower which is frustrating seeing as I'm the one who actually runs on a (semi)regular basis and he does not. At all. But, good for him and I'm glad he's going to races with us. It's so nice to have something the whole family can do together. Grandma pushed the kids in the stroller again and at the end both boys got out and ran across the finish line!
Sam even wore Grandma's number pinned to his shirt:
AND they came in third place in their age group so they got a medal! What a hoot! Beth and Michael were there today too. Beth ran and bested her last time by 10 minutes! Fantastic! Michael spectated.

No comments: